This program is dedicated to reducing hunger in our community. AGAPE distributes food and provides referrals to other existing food banks and pantries in our area. We also offer supplemental meals during the week to complement these existing food assistance programs as many existing food bank resources throughout our region are only available on a monthly or weekly basis. Emergency Food- food always available—ask our Front Desk Assistants.
TOGO Food 4 Kidz
- Children participating in school lunch programs have access to healthy meals throughout the week, but often return to food barren homes and do not eat a healthy meal for the entire weekend. Teachers report that those children have trouble concentrating on Mondays and Tuesdays and consistently under-perform. We started providing weekend backpacks stuffed with healthy, easy to prepare meals for elementary aged students (before the age where they are shamed by peers to accept handouts) for local schools that were not receiving any similar relief. Our program started in just one school district. We are currently serving seven local school districts. We also created food pantries so older kids in middle and high schools can obtain needed food in a more unobtrusive manner.
- AGAPE serves community meals for the public providing nutritious food and fellowship.
- AGAPE has partnered with the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank and other local donors to offer perishable and non-perishable food to registered residents of Columbia County, & Montour County. FE is not income-based but is geographically defined for residents of Columbia and Montour Counties. This event occurs as a drive-thru at AGAPE every Thursday between 11:00 and 4:00 (except when a holiday occurs on a Thursday)
Columbia County Food Pantry
- AGAPE is the lead agency for the Columbia County Food Pantry Network, an income based monthly food distribution program at seven locations throughout Columbia County. In special circumstances food is always available to be distributed in emergency situations.
- AGAPE distributes senior food boxes on the third Wednesday of each month. Client must be 60+ and qualify financially. Applications available at AGAPE. Boxes delivered to the seniors’ homes by DoorDash.